I made these vanilla cupcakes with my new Lakeland's Mini Cupcake maker. These cupcakes are tiny in size and of vanilla flavor. The frosting is chocolate buttercream. This Frosting is one of my favorites! when my sister and I were younger, my mom use to bake Micky-mouse shaped cake for our birthdays and she used this Frosting on the cake. :) I love the smell of this Frosting too, Nice and chocolaty buttery!! :D
Ingredients:(Makes 14 Mini Cupcakes)
For The Vanilla Cupcakes
- 4 Tablespoon Caster Sugar
- 4 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 egg
- 2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tablespoon Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
For The Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 2 Tablespoon Cocoa (I was out of cocoa so I used 2 cooking chocolate cubes instead)
- 8 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Milk
- In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until pale. Add the egg and vanilla extract, and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Switch on the Mini cupcake maker and let it heat up for about 5 minutes. When the cupcake maker is ready the red light will come on.
- Sift the flour into the bowl and fold into the mixture until almost smooth.
- In the Mini Cupcake maker, line the cupcake holes with cake cases and spoon the mixture equally between them. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes.
- Lift the cupcake maker's lid and check if the cupcakes are ready. Use a cocktail stick to test them, it should come out clean.
- When the cakes are ready turn them out and let it cool.
- Whilst the cakes are cooling, begin to make the frosting. Beat the Butter in a large bowl until soft. Add half of the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add the remaining icing sugar,cocoa, and milk and beat until creamy and smooth. Pipe the frosting onto the cool cakes.