Tuesday 23 July 2013

DIY: Yarn Wrapped Wreath with Door Numbers




Hello People! After seeing plenty of yarn wrapped wreaths on Pinterest, I finally made one too.
I used navy blue, blue and grey yarn for the wreath and ocher color yarn for my door numbers. This project was a bit time consuming and after a few rounds of yarn wrapping I was tempted to give up. Anyhow I completed the project and I love how it turned out. So here are a few steps on how to make it-

What You'll need:

1. Yarn
2. Wreath
3. Hot Glue Gun
4. Card Board ( For the door numbers)
5. Felt (for the flowers)
6. Pearls
7. Ribbon

Steps:

1. Start by tying the yarn around the wreath and make a knot. Keep wrapping the yarn around the wreath and when you've reached the end use a hot glue gun to secure the last bit of yarn.
2. Once you are done wrapping the wreath and gluing it, make flowers from the felt. Check out this link on how to make flowers out of felt.
3. Cut the cardboard in the shape of your door numbers. Wrap yarn around it and glue it at the edges. This step was the most annoying one for me as the yarn kept falling off before I could glue it. Ugh!
4. Use the  glue gun to stick the flowers and numbers onto the wreath.
5. Stick the pearls into the felt flowers with the glue gun.
6. Use a ribbon to tie a bow and hang the wreath.






Good Day!
San

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...